Sunday, May 24, 2026
spot_img
HomeWorldUK NewsEpstein probe hit by major blow over woman who claims she was...

Epstein probe hit by major blow over woman who claims she was flown to UK for sex with Andrew


A woman who claimed she was flown to the UK by Epstein in her 20s to have sex with ex-prince Andrew said she will not co-operate with police, according to reports

The investigation into disgraced Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has hit a major hurdle after police reached out to a potential victim’s legal team.

A woman who claimed she was flown to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with the ex-prince said she will “never” speak to the police. This comes after cops leading the probe into potential misconduct in public office by Andrew said they could investigate allegations of sexual misconduct as part of that.

As part of this update, Thames Valley Police revealed it reached out to the legal team of a woman allegedly taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for Andrew. The force added if she wished to report the allegedly incident it would be “taken seriously and handled with care”. Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing.

The US lawyer for the alleged victim, on Saturday, revealed the woman will not talk to police as she does not to want to “risk losing her privacy” by making a formal complaint to the police.

An attorney who has represented more than 200 alleged victims of convicted paedophile Epstein, Bradley Edwards, previously said a woman claimed she was given a tour of Buckingham Palace and tea after staying with Andrew for the night in 2010. She was allegedly in her 20s at the time.

The attorney has now shared that the woman will not formally reach out to the police to formally share her allegations. Edwards, speaking to the Daily Mail, said: “She, and we as her representatives, are continuously harassed over the Prince Andrew thing, more than she or we have ever been over Epstein. She does not want to risk losing her privacy even more.”

Thames Valley Police this week shared their major update in the Andrew investigation and put out a plea for people with information to step forward.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Our team of very experienced detectives are working meticulously through a significant amount of information that has come in from the public and other sources. We are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into all reasonable lines of enquiry, wherever they may lead.

“We encourage anyone with information to get in touch with us through the normal non-urgent contact channels, such as the Thames Valley Police online portal.”

On the allegations by the woman from 2010, the force said: “We have engaged with the woman’s legal representative to confirm that, should she wish to report this to police, it will be taken seriously and handled with care, sensitivity and respect for her privacy and her right for anonymity.

“We recognise how difficult it can be to speak about experiences of this nature, and any contact with police will be led by her wishes, when and if she feels ready and able to do so.”



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments